Sunday, September 25, 2011

In My Mailbox (7)





In My Mailbox (IMM) was started over at the The Story Siren by Kristie and has evolved to more than 300 participating blogs.  It is a way for bloggers to network and socialize and to show everyone the various books that they received, either in the mail, from the library or from their local bookseller.  Postings may vary by blog, some bloggers post weekly, bi-weekly and so forth.
It was a pretty busy week around my house in the book department! 


Netgalley Books (on my Kindle):
A week or so ago, I reviewed Lord of the Vampires. It was a fun, adult read. I don't read books like that very often, but I really enjoyed it. So while perusing Netgalley earlier this week, I found the second, third and fourth books in the series, so I requested them and I was approved. Nothing is more fun than reading a guilty pleasure book! 


Lord of Rage by Jill Monroe (Kindle)


Lord of the Wolfyn by Jessica Anderson (Kindle)


Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh (Kindle)


From the library:
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin (Paperback)


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (Paperback). This book looks incredibly creepy and I can't wait to read it!


From Amazon (thank you Amazon credits!):
Beautiful Darkness (Beautiful Creatures Book 2) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl   (Paperback)


Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely Book 3) by Melissa Marr (Paperback)


Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely Book 4) by Melissa Marr (Paperback)


And finally, I won this book from Christin at Portrait of a Book. Thanks Christin!
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Phew! Busy week! While you are here, enter to win an ebook of Crossroads by Mary Ting. This contest runs through September 28th. You can read my review of the book tomorrow!


Have a great week everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Thanks for stopping by! :)
    Oh, Beautiful Darkness! I have it on my shelf waiting for me, but I still haven't read it. I should, because I enjoyed Beautiful Creatures :)

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice! Know a lot of people are anxious about the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! Looks interesting! Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romance novels (the kind that generally come with a half-naked man on the cover and/or a lady with flowing hair in various states of undress) are my guilty pleasure! haha I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stack! I so can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Mara Dyer. It sounds so awesome and the trailer was amazing. Hope you like it.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Wanna snag some ARCs? Don't forget to check out my giveaways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! I have Fragile Eternity sitting in front of me, about to be read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't like Beautiful Darkness as much as Beautiful Creatures, sadly. I'm really looking forward to The Unbecoming though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some fabulous books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children and All These Things I've Done. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer looks good, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a load of books! Wow! I got Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children a while ago and I want All These Things I've Done. I'm giving away Mara Dyer at my blog! Happy Reading!


    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed 'All These Things I've Done' -- hope you will as well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing books! Congrats on winning "The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer"...been wanting to this book for ages! Thanks for visiting my IMM.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you leave a link back to your blog, I will check it out! No spam, please. Rude and insensitive comments will be deleted.